I haven't updated in a while and a lot has changed on the house since the last post about it. We now have posts and a railing on the front porch, the insulation was done last week and the drywall is all hung now! YAY The drywall is supposed to be completely done by the end of next week. We are also going to have them prime all the walls for us, then we get to paint! The tiles guys are supposed to start the first week in July! Then the hardwood guy and then carpet and trim. Our washer and dryer and range get delivered next Friday as well. My grandpa is coming this Sunday to measure everything up for the cabinets so that he can get started on them as well! Things are moving along nicely. A lot of the initial excitment has worn off I think for the both of us but I am sure as it gets closer we will get more and more excited. Shelby now knows where her bedroom and bathroom are. Oh and we still have to do the septic work.
We had a little bit of drama with the well, for a while we thought we might have had a dry well, thank goodness it filled up overnight though and we are pretty sure it will be ok now. We have a 93' well, and it cost us A LOT more than we had anticipated! The story of a house builders life!
The basement has come into good use recently. We have had a few batches of tornado weather here in the past month and we have camped out in the basement for a few hours each time. The last time Mike was at work so his parents came and got us and as soon as we hopped in the truck the sirens went off! It will be nice to actually live there when those kind of storms hit, I will feel a bit safer anyways. The house we are living in now has NO interior rooms, which is a bit scary! And our storm shelter is outside and I know I couldn't get out there, open the door and get in there all with Shelby by myself.
Here is the most recent picture.

A lot of people have asked about our insulation, it is not the rolled bat kind most people use, it is blown onto the walls and then scraped off. This is what it looks like, it is NOT the hard foam stuff, it is very similar to the blown insulation you would put in your attic. This is supposed to be a lot more effective, but a lot more expensive!

If you have never watched them drill a well, it is pretty neat, this is one of the contraptions they use.

This is downstairs, the unit to the left is the geothermal unit and all those blue and red pipes to the right, that is our water supply lines, pretty cool, we used pex tubing instead of copper or pvc.
I am always asked when we will move in. Our guestimate is by the end of September. We have not set a permanent date.
A little side note: Mike and I's 6 year anniversary was last Sunday, SIX years, I can't hardly believe it! He got me 6 roses and a gift card to Kohls, he wasn't supposed to get me anything!!! Six years ago today I was on a cruise in the carribean!
No comments:
Post a Comment