I am participating in the Macon County Relay for Life this Friday. It is always exciting to participate in this event. I participate with the Job's Daughters. I think it is so important to try and find a cure for cancer, it is such a terrible, awful thing. I am walking for many people who were close to me that have died of cancer; Aunt Judy, my great grandmother Nanny, Jim Cooper and many others. I think it would be nearly impossible to say that you have not been affected by cancer in some way shape or form.
Many people do not realize that the Relay for Life is an all night event. This is to simulate a person going through cancer treatment. In the beginning you are excited about getting cured, then as time goes on you get weak and tired but you keep going. The energy at the Relay for Life in incredible.
If you want to donate to our team you still have time! Go to http://www.relayforlifemaconcounty.com/. Go to "donate to a team" search for Job's 49'ers. It is such a great cause and it is tax deductible.

No comments:
Post a Comment