Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Kindergarten!

So, we hit a pretty big milestone in the Oakley house...Shelby started Kindergarten and I put my baby on the "big kid bus" for the first time. Can I just say how terrified of the school bus that I am. I NEVER rode a school bus (except for that time I got my car taken away my senior year and my parents made me take the bus to vocational lol). One, we lived too close to our schools and two, my grandma would never let my mother put us on a school bus, she came and took us to school and picked us up. But back to Shelby. We went last Thursday night to meat her teacher, see her classroom and put her school supplies away. Her teacher is very nice and this is her 23rd class! Shelby seemed a bit nervous at first, but then we went into the gym for ice cream and she spotted one of her friends from daycare that is in the other kindergarten room. She yelled "ALEX" and He yelled "SHELBY" and they gave each other a huge hug and from then on I think she felt a lot better about this new adventure. It was really cute.
I was really worried she would cling to me and not want to get on the bus, which is what she typically does when we are around people or doing something new. But she didn't, she walked right on like she had been doing it for years. Kelsey, I think was a little confused on what was going on and said "sissy go? Sissy bye?" all the way back up to the house.
Shelby says that she likes school but it was hot! Our school does not have air. Hopefully it continues that way and she loves school. This whole elementary school thing scares me to death! I hope that she has enjoyable years in grade school and never experiences what I did during those years.

No comments: