Thursday, November 13, 2008

Things I love

A few other bloggers have done this and I thought I would too. Here are just a few things that I love.
The Shark Floor Steamer: If you have certain kinds of the tile you know you aren't supposed to use chemicals or even sometimes soap on them and in some cases not even vingar water. My mom told me to get the shark floor steamer to clean my new tiled floors and I love it. It is so easy and fast. And there is a terry cloth pad on the head that you just throw into the washer
Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner: For years I used Sno Bowl since we had hard water and I "thought" that was the best for that, then on a whim I tried this cleaner and It is the best, it does have bleach in it, so if you don't like to use products with bleach it isn't for you, but I think there is nothing like the smell of bleach to let your know the toilet is clean!
Method Hardwood Floor Cleaner: Okay, I have real hardwood floors now and I have tried SEVERAL floor cleaners and hated all of them, they leave streeks or just don't work very well. I googled hardwood floor cleaners and this one got good reviews so I gave it a try and I will never go back! Plus if you aren't familiar with Method products they are non-toxic and biodegradable if that is important to you. I am not fanatical about that kind of stuff, but seriously, why not?!?!? Especially if you have little kids like me. Anything to make our living environment safer. Method makes a mop with a washable pad to use with this, but I already had one, that I am using with it, or you can use the swiffer but those pads are not washable obviously. You can get Method products at Target (my fav store) Chocolate GoldFish: O M G, these are addicting, I have a bag next to me right on my desk at work! I just happened to see these at the grocery store a while back and they are the best and not that bad for you either! Shelby won't eat the chocolate goldfish so I buy them for myself!
Organic Cascadian Farm Granola Bars: Okay, I have always bought the Quacker granola bars and then I seen these and they weren't much more than the Quacker and I thought for organic I will give it a try. If organic is an option and the same cost or cheaper I will give it a try. In my opinion these are SO much better than the Quacker ones (Mike disagree's though), they are chewy and good. I have only been able to find these at Walmart, but Kroger might have them too.
Excedrin Migraine: Anyone who knows me knows I get bad migrains a lot. Several years ago I tried and over the counter migraine pill and it didn't do squat. Since then I have been on many different kind of perscription migraine meds and some are rather costly. One night I was at Kimberly's, I had a migraine, didn't have any of my meds and she had these and said take 2, they will work, I thought she was nuts but took them anyways, and bam my migraine was GONE, I was shocked and couldn't believe it. I haven't refilled my prescription since! Miraculous! I just try to take 2 when I first start to feel it coming on, I can't wait too long.
Kashi TLC Cookies: I have only tried the Dark Chocolate and Oatmeal cookies, but they are SOOOOO good and healthy for you!
Kashi Strawberry Fields Cereal: Okay once again this is organic and I still like it. Not all organic foods are good but I think this is.
The Twilight Turtle: Okay, this is more Shelby's thing obviously but it is SO neat! I bought this originally for her Christmas but when it came we had to check it out. She doesn't usually leave it on while she goes to sleep, she usually turns it off, but she likes to play with it. It projects a real constilation up onto the ceiling and it is so neat, there are three different color to change between and it automatically shuts off after 45 minutes. I got it Barnes and Noble, but several other places have them too. This would be a good baby shower gift or someone who is having #2 or #3 baby!

2 comments:

Colby Kids said...

My boys have the turtle too! I brought it to the hospital for Xander while we were waiting for his new liver to come. It's a great toy.

Suburban mummy & Co said...

omg I want the turtle