Monday, October 27, 2008

Roller Coasters & My Little Escape Artist

Last weekend we went to Great America, Six Flags up in Chicago with mom, Kimberly, Ryan, their friend Tony, Gina & Mike, Lori, Jason, Beth and her friend Amanda. Oh and yes, we took Shelby, crazy you might call us, yes, but it turned out to be great. I was afraid of how Shelby would handle the park and the rides and just how she would act in general! Mom took Shelby on all the kiddie rides while the rest of us rode the actual roller coasters. Mom said Shelby did really good and was very well behaved and LOVED the rides. They rode about 20 rides, some 2 or 3 times. There was one that she cried on but that was it. She rode a lot of them by herself and had a blast. For not having a nap all day and walking the park Lord knows how many times, she did really good and still had a smile on her face at 6:00pm when we left, but then promptly fell asleep before we even got out of the parking lot. We were all surprised she did so well. Us adults had a blast on the big roller coasters too, we got the flash pass and got to go straight up to the platform for all the rides. We rode 7 rides. Superman twice, Batman, Whizzer, Demon, Dark Knight & The Raging Bull. For those that don't know, the superman puts you into the posistion like you are flying. You sit down with your feet hanging and there is a thing to lock your feet in place and of course the harness, then it rotates you 90 degrees so that you are parallel to the ground and takes off, it was very cool. The Batman your feet hang the whole time and you go in loops and twists and it is a blast too.
Here are a few pictures of Shelby on her rides:
And here is one of Kimberly and our cousin Jason on the Whizzer
In other Shelby news, she has become and escape artist. Yesterday she was getting really bad and mean because she was so tired, so I just put her in her crib and figured she was so tired she would just give up and fall asleep in 5 minutes. NOPE, I was sitting in the living room and all of a sudden I hear her door opening and I go in there and she is getting books out! OH MY GOD. Now she knows she can get out and not get hurt. I finally got her to fall asleep on her floor for her nap and she slept in her crib last night. I think Mike is converting it to a toddler bed today. Let the fun begin! I am dreading this, she could stay in a crib till she is 5 for all care! haha She sleeps in a big girl bed at my inlaws and at daycare, so what I am waiting for??? I am chicken. I will let you all know how it goes!

2 comments:

Joy said...

It looks like she had so much fun, and cute that she was so tuckered out!!

Candi said...

Love all the pictures! I can't believe she would ride some of the rides by herself!! Awesome! Looks like everyone had a blast!