Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thankful...

I am thankful for so many things in my life, we often forget and take for granted so many things in our lives and sometimes we don't relize how grateful we are for those things until we loose them, come close to loosing them or until a situation hits just a little too close too home. I think we should all stop and reflect on what we are thankful for and what is important to us from time to time. Life is so busy, we often forget. I am thankful for.... -my health and safety -my daughter, who is the ultimate love of my life and I am thankful she is healthy and happy -the "squeezes" Shelby gives, they are the best and her big smile and her big belly laughs -I am grateful for my daughter even when she tests my patience to its limit and wakes me up three times a night or nearly gives me a heart attack because she climbed out of her crib -my home, which I am so lucky to have, when so many are loosing theirs -Mike and my job's, when so many people are loosing those too, I am thankful we have job's that let us live the life we want to live and do the things that we want to do -our families, they are the greatest and they are crazy and I love them to death. If you don't have family you don't have much in my opinion. There is never a dull moment and I wouldn't want it any other way. They would do anything for us and I am ever so grateful. -our friends, they are the greatest, they are there when I need them and I will always be there when they may need me -my car which gets me where I need to be -my faith which carries me through, the good and the bad -being an American, even if the times are tough, it is so easy right now to take that for granted, but go live in some other parts of the world, I would suspect you would come running back -modern technology which keeps me in touch with my friends and family, and also for the medical modern technology, it is truly is amazing if you think about it -Job's Daughters and the people I know and love there which got me through some of the roughest years of my youth and taught me some of the most valuable things I know about life. Some of my best friends I bet in Job's. You are never judged there and it doesn't matter who you are or what you look like. I am grateful for my life and for the ability to do the things that I am able to do. The moral of this thing called life, I believe, is that is can all be gone tomorrow, so take it all in today, live like it is your last and stop and breath in the air, take in everything around you, slow down and enjoy life. It sounds so cliche but it is oh so true.

No comments: